Preparing for a last minute 4th of July can be beyond hectic. Here are some simple ways to make sure your last minute soiree is a hit.
- Make it a potluck: Have each friend bring a dish relating to their family heritage or traditions. Not only does it add a little spice to the normal BBQ foods, but it’s less for you to clean up.
- Entertain the kids: To keep the little ones entertained, set up a craft table filled with markers, crayons, paper etc. Not only will it give the adults some time with each other, but it will create memories for the little ones that will last a lifetime.
- Have fun with your beverages: Get creative by using different types of juices, beverages and diet sodas that you already have in the refrigerator to create a layered drink. In order to properly layer the drinks, start with the beverage that has the highest sugar content and end with the diet soda. These drinks can be enjoyed by everyone at the party!
- Adult drinks: Put a spin on the usually beer and burgers. Fire up the blender with a little ice, tequila and margarita mix. It’s quick, simple and will make sure to cool off all partiers.
- Go with paper: Even though glass or plastic plates look more presentable, go with paper! It’s a quicker clean up and easy to find last minute for all the party-goers you will be entertaining.
- Clean while you party: The easiest way to keep the mess low and under control is to clean while you go. Set up cleaning stations with wet wipes and garbage bags. Your guests will be able to clean after themselves, and makes less for you to do once everyone goes home.